“Great with Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner or entertaining during the holidays.”
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Swiss Cheese
- fresh thyme
- Combine pumpkin and broth in large soup kettle.
- Mix butter and flour, add and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10 minutes.
Soup can be prepared ahead to this point.
- Reheat. Add 3 tablespoons grated cheese and thyme when serving.
Yield: 8-10 servings